What can you do to fight against Donald Trump being sworn in?
(1) You should write to your Representative and both Senators for your State. We need to object to the electoral votes for Trump because our election process was tainted by Russian interference. Our intelligence has confirmed that the Russian hacking occurred with the intention of influencing the election.
(2) You should also sign the WeObject2016 Petition at Change.Org.
(3) Spread the word. This is a numbers game. We need to hit our Representatives and Senators with millions of objection letters before the Joint Session of Congress on January 6th. Below are detailed instruction on what to do.
How do I send an objection to my representatives in Congress?
- Go to www.whoismyrepresentative.com
- Enter your zip code. Search results will give you names, pictures and various links for your representative and senators.
- Follow the link for either their website or a contact form (each state sets their websites up a little differently).
- When you’re on their website, look for a ‘Contact’ link.
- You may be asked to fill out a form or provide your zip code before getting their actual email address.
- Feel free to use the WeObject2016 Letter. Simply copy and paste it into the emails. Be sure to personalize each letter with the name of your senator/representative and your name, city, state, and zip.
Why is the Change.Org Petition important?
The Change.Org Petition is important as another way to show our unity and collective objection to a Donald Trump presidency. The more signatures we get, the more impactful the Petition will be. Let’s break all records with this Petition!
What is my deadline for objection letters and the Change.Org Petition?
We need to get as many objections in front of our representatives to urge them to raise objections to the Trump electoral votes. While it is infrequent for members of Congress to raise objections, it is allowed and we believe there is no more appropriate situation than the 2016 election.
Please send your letters and sign the Petition as soon as possible, but no later than January 3rd. It should take about 15 minutes total.